Thursday, January 4, 2018

No Greater Valor: The Siege of Bastogne and the Miracle That Sealed Allied Victory by Jerome R. Corsi

No Greater Valor: The Siege of Bastogne and the Miracle That Sealed Allied Victory

Rating: 5/5

Summary: (x)

My Thoughts:

      I have not reviewed a military history book in a while so I thought I would review this one. This was a random buy for me  I saw it was on Bastogne and thought okay I will give this a read. I have read a bunch on Bastogne but this one is by far the best one I have read. It includes excellent maps and troop movements which help visualize what happened as it happened. There were a lot of new facts I had not know especially concerning the  501st parachute regiment. I know a lot about the 506th but little about the other so it was nice to get more information on the other regiments and divisions that fought.

           A lot of this book was in separate chapters featuring different people who were performed heroic deeds and made sure the Germans did not break through the line. One section that truly affected me was the chapter on the Angels of Bastogne. Their names were Renee Lemaire and Augusta Chiwy and the section shed a lot of light on Augusta who I did not know about. They were featured in Band of Brothers and learning more about them made this book worthwhile to me.

             This is a book I would recommend if you want to learn a lot about Bastogne and want to learn more about the men and women who helped hold back the German army in Belgium. It was a random book I am happy that I picked up.





No comments:

Post a Comment