Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Frontlines and Silver Star by Michael Grant

Front Lines (Front Lines, #1)


Silver Stars (Front Lines, #2)

Ratings: 5/5

Summary: (x)

My Thoughts:

This series is based in WWII and is an alternate history.  In this verse woman are allowed to fight in combat. The premise sold me on the books and I knew I had to read it. I love WWII fiction so this was a great read for me. I could not put these books down and cannot wait for the third book in the series. The three girls who the story is based around are well written and strong. I recommend everyone read these not so known books.

Plot:

The plot goes through the major battles up until d-day. The girls are put in constant danger and end up thriving in the war. The plot is fast paced and full of details. The setting and details add to how the stories play out. The plot helps the girls character growth and how they react to situations.

Characters:

Each of three main characters are well fleshed out and have their own story line. Rio Richlin is strongwilled and has complex characteristics. Frangie Marr signed up to help her family and is willing to help any soldier even in the face of prejudice. Ranie Schulterman is smart and is part of the intelligance branch during the war.



No comments:

Post a Comment