Saturday, November 25, 2017

Love and other consolation prizes by Jamie Ford (provided by Netgalley)

Love and Other Consolation Prizes

Rating: 3/5

Summary: (x)

My thoughts:

Interesting plot and summary but not the book for me. Still enjoyed it but not my favorite book. The premise and the characters were interesting. It just fell flat for me and it was a struggle to get through. If you like historical fiction this book is for you. I love historical fiction a lot so it was not great that I did not like it.

Plot:

The story is set in two different times one in 1909 and the other is set in the 1960s. It revolves around Ernest who is a charity case who gets a wealthy sponsor who changes his life. He ends up living in a brothel living with a noturious madam. There he meets the daughter of the madam and a young Japanese girl. Both are going to change his life. It goes through his life and there are lots of flashbacks in the present part of the story.

Characters:

Ernest was an amazing character who I really liked. I loved the other characters as well. They added so much to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment