Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Shifty's War by Marcus Brotherton

Shifty's War: The Authorized Biography of Sergeant Darrell "Shifty" Powers, the Legendary Sharpshooter from the Band of Brothers

Rating: 5/5

Summary: (x)

My Thoughts:

I admire Shifty so much and I consider him someone I look up to a lot. Band of Brothers introduced me to him and when I saw there was a biography written I knew I had to read it. I have been working my way through all the books related to the show and Shifty's story is one of the last I needed to read. It took me a few days because I was going through it slowly. I learned so much about him and his life that we did not see on screen. His friendship with Popeye Wynn was so funny and they were like brothers. The parts of the book after the war were very interesting especially when other members of easy company were mentioned. They all had a close bond with each other even after the war ended. This book was very well written and I was happy to learn so much about him and his service to the country. He was a true hero and we will never see anyone like those who served in WWII. This a must read for band of brothers fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment