Thursday, August 31, 2017

The lost letter by Jillian Cantor

The Lost Letter by Jillian Cantor

Rating: 5/5

Summary: (x)

My Thoughts:

This had been one of my must reads for a while and it did not disappoint. It was well written and I liked the dual perspective. The one set during the war and the one set in the present point of view. It helped flesh out the story a lot. The plot was fast paced and really well written. I highly recommend it for historical fiction fans. I cannot say enough good things about this book

Plot:

The story starts with a woman who must clear out her father's stamp collection so she takes it to stamp appraiser. Benjamin, the appraiser, finds an odd WWII era stamp that he has never seen. So begins their journey to find out who made this stamp and how her father got it. This is where the story from WWII begins to connect with the modern day story. The story set in WWII focuses on a man named Kristoff who works along side a stamp maker as an apprentice. Then  Kristallnacht and he  has to take over the business and work along side his crush. There begins the survival part of the story. I wont't reveal more. The woman Katie must uncover this story and how it connects to her in present time.

Characters:

I felt for Katie because of what she had to deal with a lot but she got to see a lot about her father. I liked Ben and his willingness to help her a lot. Kristoff and Elana were wonderful also and their part of the story is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment